Lash Extensions are very popular among women who wants to lengthen and thicken their eyelashes. Eyelash Extensions are semi-permanent single strands of synthetic that replicate natural eyelash. The false lashes are applied to individual eyelashes, one at a time, for a natural, and elegant look.
- Eyelash extension is a form of non-invasive and non-surgical beauty service which involves the enhancement of the appearance of one’s natural eyelashes.
- The service is done by using a professional grade eyelash adhesive and proper placement or installation of the eyelash extension onto the client’s natural lashes.
- It is important to note that false lashes are a different form of beautification compared to eyelash extensions. Individuals who seek to change or modify the length, curliness or thickness appearance of their natural eyelashes may pursue the eyelash extension beauty service.
- Contrary to popular belief, it is actually natural to lose approximately one to three natural lashes per eye, per day. This process is called “shedding” and is closely similar to the shedding of the hair on our head (although eyelashes do not shed as frequently or heavily as the hair on our heads).
- There are various types of eyelash extension such as mink (a fur material from the mink animal), synthetic, or horse hair. Within our studios we utilize premium silk and faux mink lashes for our eyelash extension services.
- Eyelash extensions can last up to a month or so depending on various factors such as your natural lash cycle, makeup routine, skin condition, etc.
- If you are in the shedding phase of your eyelash growth cycle, you may experience more fall out during this time in terms of your eyelash extensions that are attached to the natural lashes that are shedding. In addition, if you frequently wear makeup (use makeup remover, etc) or tend to have combination to oily skin you may also experience more fallout in comparison to an individual who does not wear makeup, use facial products, or have an oily skin type.
- Most importantly, individuals who do not carefully and properly follow the “Aftercare Instructions” for eyelash extensions will also shorten how long the eyelash extensions can last (or in a worst case scenario, damage harm the natural eyelashes and eyes).
- Refills are recommended every 2 – 3 weeks to combat the natural shredding phrase that occurs in your eyelash growth cycle. The refills provides a uniform and full looking set of eyelashes. If a client decides to go longer than the 2 – 3 weeks time frame from their last appointment, they would need to book for a full set or new eyelash extension appointment.
You can book an appointment right on our website under the “Appointment” tab.
Individuals who are allergic to acrylate/cyanocrylate (the bonding agent within the adhesive), have a reaction to adhesive tape, topical creams, nail adhesives, other topical products, have eye disease/condition/surgery/injury, conditions that affect your hair/lash growth/loss, or take certain medications should not get eyelash extensions.
In addition, individuals who have the following conditions also should not get eyelash extensions done: Alopecia, Asthmas, Back Pain, Blepharitis, Cancer/chemo treatment, intense stress, light sensitivity, migraines, Rosacea, sensitive eyes, stroke/TIA, Thyroid disease, recent eye surgery, current eye irritation, possible pregnancy, watery eyes, and any other applicable medical conditions.
We have photos available on our “Portfolio” tab on the website or you can also follow us on Instagram (mbeauty.studio). We are also on Google, Yelp, and Facebook.
Eyelash extensions should properly be removed by a professional lash artist and the correct adhesive gel remover. Home and self removal of one’s eyelash extension is highly not recommended and can result in harm, damage, or lost of eyelashes. In some cases, improper removal can result in (but not limited to) undesired health complications such as eye or eyelash damage or irritation.
Please note, our studio has eyelash extension removal services available for clients. To book an eyelash extension removal appointment, please call (203)-298-9966.
When applied properly, a new set of eyelash extensions can last up to 2 months, depending on the natural growth cycle of your eyelashes. To maintain the look of your lashes, a refill will be required every 2-3 weeks.
We recommend getting a refill every two weeks. Natural eyelash sheds every 60-90 days on average due to the natural growth cycle and is replaced by the growth of a new eyelash. On average, the average person will shed 3-5 natural eyelashes a day. A refill is needed to replenish the lashes that have completed their life cycle.
Yes. However, lash extensions will give you a fuller and darker look so no mascara is needed. If you must use mascara, only use a water based mascara and not waterproof.
After care instructions are given to each client after their extensions. To maintain the look and extend the life of your lashes, you must follow the after care instruction.
*Do Not wash eyes or shower for 24 hours after your lash application
*Be gentle with your lash
*Keep them clean and dry and brush them daily
*Avoid rubbing your eyes
*Cleanse and wash with lash shampoo or water daily
*Sleep on your back and not on your side
*Avoid direct heat to your lash extensions while blow drying your hair
Classic Lash Full Set – $100-$120
Classic Lash Refill – $65+
Hybrid Lash Full Set – $120
Hybrid Lash Refill $75+
Volume Lash Full Set – $150
Volume Lash Refill – $85+
Mega Mink Lash Full Set – $199
Mega Mink Lash Refill – $99+
The “Classic” also known as “Individual” eyelash extension is the installment of synthetic eyelashes onto one’s natural eyelashes. One single or individual synthetic lash is attached to one natural eyelash. This type of service can enhance the client’s lash length, curl, and thickness appearance while still giving the client a very natural look.
The “Hybrid” service is the combination of the “Classic” and “Volume” eyelash extensions in terms of style. A pattern of individual synthetic eyelashes and multiple synthetic eyelashes will be applied on the client’s natural lashes. This service can provide a very natural, but also full looking set of eyelashes for clients.
The “Volume” style of eyelash extensions involves applying multiple synthetic eyelashes onto one of the natural lash. In order to protect and prevent any staining of the natural lashes or the client’s eyes, the synthetic lashes used for this service is even lighter and thinner than for the “Classic” or “Hybrid”. This type of service gives clients a very full and voluminous look that is perfect for special occasions or even daily wear if you’d liked.
Mega Mink Volume is the ultimate in voluminous lashes. Mega Volume gives eyelashes the appearance of intense volume & fullness. Using high quality mink like lashes with diameter of 0.5mm and attaching 6-10 false lashes to one natural lash.